As an international supply chain management provider we have been made aware of the below extensions to the lockdowns currently in place across the Indian Subcontinent.
Lockdown is currently in effect in the following states:
- Chennai: Night curfew from 22:00 – 04:00 until further notice
- Bombay / Ahmedabad: Night curfew from 19:00 – 06:00 hours until 10/05/21
- Delhi: Complete lockdown imposed until 15/05/21
- Bangalore: Complete lockdown has been imposed for 14 days
- Mumbai: Lockdown extended until 15/05/21
The logistics sector is currently allowed to operate however restrictions are leading to significant manpower shortages. This is resulting in lower efficiency within trucking, warehousing, CFS, terminal and customs operations.
Further delays are anticipated, with the implementation of further restrictions considered likely. Space and equipment shortages are also causing shipping delays.
Considering the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bangladesh government has extended its current lockdown until 16/05/21.
- Industries and factories will continue to run while complying with health guidelines and also providing transportation for workers
- All government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices will be closed. However, this rule does not apply to air, sea, river and land ports and their concerned offices
- Our Bangladesh partner offices will remain open for three days (Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday) per week from 10:00 – 13:00; limited office staff will be available to release / surrender HBLs / FCRs
- CFS and Port will continue their operation but productivity may be low and the loading / unloading operation may be delayed
- Banks are open on a limited schedule (10:00 – 13:00 from Sunday – Thursday)
- Public movement will be restricted. This order does not apply in the case of transportation of commodities, production and emergency services
- Public transport services will be suspended, however movement of vehicles transporting export / import goods, emergency services, food and medical equipment will remain out of the purview of the lockdown
While lockdown is affecting the opening times of banks, customs and terminal operations, outbound is manageable with no impact. Shipping schedules have been affected, so we are anticipating a limited number of delays.
We are currently monitoring the situation in Sri Lanka closely. The third wave of COVID-19 has now hit the country, with the number of cases and the death toll rising. We are committed to ensuring the safety of employees while working towards mitigating any possible impact to operations.
For further information or a chat about your current shipment enquiries click here.