As coronavirus cases continue to rise across the Indian Subcontinent (ISC), we have been notified that lockdown restrictions in several areas have now been extended.
Following on from our previous update, we have provided an overview of the latest information below:
- Mumbai (Maharashtra): Lockdown extended until 31st May
- Delhi: Lockdown extended until 24th May
- Gurgaon (Haryana): Lockdown extended until 24th May
- Chennai & Tuticorin (Tamil Nadu): Lockdown extended until 24th May; the Garment Exporters Association has also made the decision to close down factories until 24th May
- Bangalore (Karnataka): Lockdown extended until 24th May
- Cochin (Kerala): Lockdown extended until 23rd May
- Kolkata (West Bengal): Lockdown announced from 16th-30th May
The Bangladesh government has extended its current lockdown until 30th May:
- Factories will be open, complying with health guidelines
- CFS and Port will continue their operation, but productivity might be low and the loading / unloading operation may be delayed
- Banks are open on a limited schedule (10:00 – 14:00 from Sunday – Thursday)
For further information or a chat about your current shipment enquiries click here.