Given our phenomenal growth and success, we have a new requirement for a Business Development Manager to work as a “hunter” covering a geographical territory of the UK. Your primary focus will be on significantly growing whilst at the same time, supporting the diversification of Ligentia’s customer base through an energetic, enthusiastic and structured sales approach.
You will be expected to develop a sufficient sales pipeline of new opportunities which will deliver new customers to Ligentia against your individual new business trading Gross Profit (GP) targets for the year.
Once secured, new customers will be handed over to our ‘Customer Success’ team who will look after the operational relationship with the customer.
The Business Development Manager is expected to maintain an ongoing business relationship with the customer and through targets and the incentive programme has a responsibility for the ongoing retention of the customer and is expected to maximise any further cross-sell and up-sell opportunities.
- Create and manage a strong personal sales plan/strategy
- Achieve targets agreed for activity, new business and sales pipeline
- Manage and prioritise a strong sales pipeline
- Create and grow a book of business
- Identify and follow up on new business leads
- Identify and engage a strong target list of prospects to support individual sales plan
- Drive new business opportunities and/or cross sales so as to maximise revenue
- Manage business renewal proposals
- Provide compelling proposals to customers and follow up in a timely manner
- Set up meetings with key customer contacts
- Prepare and present business tenders and proposals
- Uncover and maximise ‘share of wallet’ opportunities with identified existing customers
- Grow and retain existing personal book of business accounts
- Enhance existing customer relationships
- Follow up with any lost customers in order to win back lost business
- Ensure all relevant sales information is kept up to date within ZenDesk Sell CRM
- Attend industry and networking events
- Assist the Sales Director in supporting business objectives and growth in line with UK business strategy
- Deliver best practice and global knowledge to customers
- Increase Ligentix and Ligentia tech footprint to customers
- Ligentix and Ligentia tech understanding and ability to detail customer requirements for development and showcase the system to customers
Skills & Knowledge
- A strong knowledge of the UK and international freight and supply chain markets
- A strong operational understanding across ocean, air and multimodal products
- A proven track record in industry sales success and unearthing new prospects
- A capability develop multiple stakeholder relationships and sell at all levels within a customer organisation
- Well versed in leading formal customer presentations
- Highly structured with a drive to succeed
- Strong capability in Microsoft suite including PowerPoint
- Degree educated or A-level equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales within the UK freight forwarding/supply chain industry
Why Ligentia? Why now?
Accelerated growth in one of the most dynamic industries you can imagine. Brilliant customers including some of the world’s leading retailers and best-known brands. A tech vision and roadmap that will turn heads for all the right reasons. And colleagues with high commitment and unrivalled knowledge, combined with low ego. A flexible work environment that is collaborative, stimulating and shares genuine feelgood for the work we do together. However you look at it, Ligentia is a great place to be right now.