If you have watched the news or read the headlines over the past 2-3 years you cannot have missed growing recognition of just how important global supply chains are in supporting our daily lives.
Ligentia operates right at the heart of this dynamic and demanding industry, helping develop more sustainable and agile support chain for some of the worlds most sophisticated retailers and best-known brands, plus plenty of other companies besides.
With expert teams and clever technology, we support customers across sectors including retail, consumer goods brands, automotive and healthcare – solving problems and making sure their goods arrive on-time and in-full, reliably, efficiently, cost-effectively, and increasingly, sustainably.
We have got some amazing people making it happen. With expert teams in Asia, Australia, Europe, UK, and USA made up of over 1300 colleagues spread across 30+ operating locations.
Their talent, tenacity and can-do approach combines seamlessly with software and services to support the whole supply chain, end-to-end. From origin to destination and every point in between; ably supported by a network and community of high-quality partners, to ensure that we deliver what we promise, wherever in the world and whenever that may be.
Our growth story has been strong and consistent, with accelerated expansion in the last 3 years, including investment from Equistone Partners Europe secured in February 2021 and the acquisition of Poland-based VGL Solid Group in October 2022.
In short, Ligentia is a great place to be right now, if you want harness your own knowledge and talents to make an impact and enjoy growing and collaborating with like-minded people.
The purpose of the role
This newly formed role will lead activities in all areas of Ligentia’s Corporate, Investor and client focused ESG agenda. This is a Global role, supporting all our regions, with a focus on both strategic and day-to-day operational project management and reporting, this role will interact extensively with cross-functional senior leaders in the development and deployment of our ESG framework.
- Lead the design and execution of our ESG strategy and operating model including policies, procedures, KPIs and reporting frameworks, ensuring compliancy with applicable regulations. Ensure all regions are supported on delivering the global and local ESG strategy.
- Provide subject matter expertise on ESG best practices, competitor performance and industry trends, recommending actions to best align and prioritise our efforts. Advise internal stakeholders on ESG topics and legislative requirements, in partnership with regional leaders.
- Own ESG performance monitoring and management reporting, including coordinating data collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of results.
- Act as point of contact for any internal/external ESG data requests and related enquiries.
- Manage the Group’s environmental footprint and development of a carbon reduction programme, including scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions reporting, with knowledge of scope 3.
- Project management of programme initiatives, aligning resources and effort to drive overall achievement of ESG goals and objectives.
- Work closely with Marketing to define how we position ourselves externally, bringing the company’s ESG agenda to life.
- Working closely with People and Internal Communications teams, lead initiatives and training opportunities that will embed ESG within our employee culture.
At least 3 years’ experience in the development and implementation of ESG strategies and policies within a multinational organisation.
Skills and knowledge
- In depth understanding of ESG regulatory landscape, reporting, and assurance standards.
- Strong project management skills, with practical experience of planning and successfully delivering ESG projects and change management programmes.
- Ability to multitask and work successfully across multiple initiatives at once.
- Data-driven, analytical mindset, with advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent internal and external stakeholder engagement, with strong relationship building skills.
- Understanding of risk management and internal control.
- Experience in the Logistics and Supply Chain industry preferred. Alternatively, you must have a strong understanding of the social and environmental topics affecting the logistics and supply chain management industry.
- Knowledge of compliance and risk assessments against sustainability (with a focus on supply chain risk assessment) and human rights / modern slavery legislation and standards (such as UN Global Compact, UK Modern Slavery Act etc.).
- Understanding of and experience in developing environmental management / carbon reduction programmes including net zero planning and implementation support.